Beals Horsemanship Liability Release Form
PLEASE PRINT THIS FORM OR DOWNLOAD AND PRINT BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW. READ THOROUGHLY, FILL OUT ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION, AND ASK FOR CLARIFICATION ON ANY QUESTIONS.
RIDING INSTRUCTION AGREEMENT AND LIABILITY RELEASE
By this agreement, made and entered this date _________________20___ by and between (rider)
__________________________(Parent or Guardian if rider is a minor):______________________________
hereinafter referred to as "I" and Deanna Beals or any assistants of "Beals Horsemanship.” at “Nelson Kennels" 13680 South Volta Road, Los Banos, California, or at "Angel Acres Horse Hotel and Boarding" 12557 Volta Road, Los Banos, California hereinafter referred to as "THIS STABLE".
IT IS HEREBY AGREED TO AS FOLLOWS:
1. That I, the undersigned, do for myself or on behalf of my child or legal ward, hereby voluntarily request to participate in riding instruction as a student at THIS STABLE, and that student will either ride his or her own horse, or school horses provided by THIS STABLE for instructional purpose.
2. That in the student considers themselves a (circle one)
BEGINNER / INTERMEDIATE / ADVANCED / EXPERT rider.
3. That parent or guardian and student understand that horses are unpredictable by nature; that when frightened or angry or under stress, a horse's natural instincts are to jump forward or sideways, to run away from danger at a trot or gallop, to kick, to buck, to rear up in front, or to bite; that horses are extremely powerful; and that if a rider falls to the ground, the fall distance will be generally from 3-1/2 to 5-1/2 feet. I understand these risks, and I voluntarily assume these risks and dangers.
4. That parent or guardian and student understands that upon mounting the horse and taking up the reins the student is in primary control of the horse and that THIS STABLE is not responsible for the results of the student’s actions or inactions. The student further agrees to not abuse, misuse or deliberately agitate the horse as these actions may result in increased risk to him or herself and others.
5. That I have been advised that students should purchase and wear a helmet or hard hat and to wear it in and around THIS STABLE so as to prevent horse related injuries.
6. LIABILITY RELEASE: That I understand that I am responsible for bodily injury or property damage which I or my child or legal ward should sustain on THIS STABLE's premises and/or while riding a horse, and/or while in transit to or at horse shows, trail rides, field trials, or similar expeditions, and for any time I or my child or legal ward shall lose from employment or school or other activity, and for medical expenses or any other expenses incurred because of such bodily injury or property damage; and that I hereby, for myself, my heirs administrators and assigns release and discharge the owners, operators, and sponsors of THIS STABLE and their respective servants, agents, officers, and all other participants of and from all claims, demands, actions and causes of action for such injuries sustained to my person, or that of my child or legal charge and/or property.
7. That this agreement is entered into in the state of California and will be interpreted and enforced under the laws of this state.
8. Upon the signing of this agreement, student acknowledges that he/she has read and agrees to be bound to THIS STABLE's rules.
I, THE UNDERSIGNED, BEING OF LEGAL AGE AND OF SOUND MIND AND NOT BEING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL, DRUGS, OR INTOXICANTS, HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOREGOING AGREEMENT AND RELEASE.
Listed below are the details of any allergies, ailments or handicaps a student may have, and of which THIS STABLE should be aware of.
How did you hear about Beals Horsemanship?
SIGNATURE OF RIDER ______________________________DATE________20___
PARENT OR GUARDIAN_____________________________DATE________20____
CELL PHONE_____________________________ EMERGENCY NUMBER _________________________